When it comes to finding people with the very highest calibre of talent and connecting them with roles that reflect their potential, we like to play the long game at AGP. Talent acquisition is not simply about filling positions – it’s a much more strategic and forward-looking way to work. If someone has what it takes, we will work tirelessly to match them with their ideal role, offering a bespoke service to each candidate just as we do with our clients.
Having a clear talent acquisition strategy has not only enabled us to access thousands of the best people in the market and take their careers to the next level, but cemented our reputation as trusted talent acquisition specialists in the retail, luxury, hospitality, leisure and travel industries. We can help your business to finesse its talent acquisition strategy and see the rewards that this brings.
What is a talent acquisition strategy?
A talent acquisition strategy is an approach which enables us and our clients to assess candidates from a different perspective – looking past the immediately obvious credentials on their CV and considering what potential they have for the future. We may find a candidate who has the right interpersonal skills for a position but not enough experience. This benefits both candidates and companies by creating lasting working relationships that breed success in the long run.
Effective talent acquisition strategies also continuously shift and evolve in order to reflect the changing needs of a market. As well as closely examining the structure of your business to identify gaps that need to be filled, we undertake wide-ranging analysis of the market in which the business operates – and the way its competitors work – in order to find a new perspective on which candidates might be best placed to work with you.
What can a talent acquisition strategy achieve for a business?
In the process of equipping a company to link with high-quality candidates, the right talent acquisition strategy can:
- Create a clear picture of the right candidate every time a new role is in the pipeline
- Help you to align your HR department with your company’s long-term goals
- Promote cross-department collaboration and cohesion
- Strengthen your company’s brand in the employment market
- Ensure prospective candidates for the future are in a talent pipeline which is consistently changing to meet your needs
- Lessen the unnecessary financial risk of finding that a new hire no longer fits in with the long-term strategy of the business
What does devising a talent acquisition strategy involve?
The process of coming up with a talent acquisition strategy looks different at every company that we work with, but there are always a number of basic steps involved:
- Analysing workforce supply and demand in order to understand both how a workforce will change in the coming months and years, and what the company’s current and future needs are
- Identifying the gaps between supply and demand, and determining which gaps are most likely to impact on company performance in the short term
- Devising tailored solutions to close these gaps
- Using this knowledge to closely analyse potential candidates and understand how they can meet a company’s needs not just now, but in the future
What makes a talent acquisition strategy effective?
The benefits of a talent acquisition strategy stem from the fact that it is not a quick-fix process – it takes time to understand your strengths as a candidate or your needs as a company. What makes talent acquisition effective is not only the pace at which it is conducted, but continual monitoring of the performance, job satisfaction and wellbeing of candidates once placed in order to ensure their ongoing success and to continue learning lessons for the future.
Speak to us about talent acquisition today
At AGP we can help you to look for specialists, leaders and future executives that will drive the success of your business in the future. Get in touch and find out what makes our talent acquisition strategy unique and what we can do for you by calling Tony Gregg on 0207 316 3146.