Our unique relationship with our candidates gives us unparalleled access to the highest calibre people in the market.
What is talent mapping and acquisition?
Talent mapping is used to forecast long-term hiring needs in order to identify future positions. Essentially, talent mapping bridges the gap between your company goals and the team required to fulfil them. The focus is on the long-term, rather than on meeting monthly targets. This gives your business a comprehensive view of who you’ll need to hire in order to reach those future goals.
Talent acquisition focuses on developing a long-term strategy to find the right leaders and executives for your company. We take the time to understand the strategic aims of your business, providing a flexible and dynamic approach to finding candidates. Talent acquisition helps to find the perfect candidates for positions that require a very specific skill set but that also fit within your team. We understand the importance of strong working relationships which is why our strategy will evolve to fit your team. Our talent acquisition process helps to make your company the most attractive place for quality talent to thrive.
AGP’s Approach to Talent Acquisition:
By offering the same bespoke service to candidates as we do our clients we have nurtured a pipeline of talent with the ability to lead your business into the future.
We map the structure of your business to provide a comprehensive picture of your talent pipeline and identify gaps that need to be filled externally.
We then conduct in-depth competitor and market analysis to form a holistic view of those individuals who possess the skills and experience that meet your business requirements.
What are the benefits of talent acquisition and mapping?
Our talent acquisition and mapping strategy has several key benefits for the success of your business:
- Fills roles efficiently- talent mapping and acquisition plans for the future, meaning the necessary resources and steps are taken for a role far in advance.
- Reduces risk – the strategic planning process that goes into mapping and acquisition means that we understand your business and the candidates you need for success. This reduces the risk of a wrong hire or not building the right team for your long-term goals.
- Focuses on the future – the key focus of talent mapping and acquisition is on the long-term goals of your business. This means that future hires can be anticipated and every hire has a long-term intention. The key focus is on the potential of candidates and if they’ll be able to be eventual leaders.
- Improved candidate experience – having a reliable strategy in place with clear business objectives makes it much easier to find the right candidates and offers a smooth, effective hiring process.
- Fills your talent pipeline – perhaps you’re not hiring right now but want to prepare for the future. Talent mapping and acquisition plans ahead so your talent pipeline is full of qualified candidates that meet your business goals.
How does our talent acquisition and mapping process work?
With a key focus on the long-term goals of your business, our talent acquisition and mapping process focuses on getting to know your organisation first.
- Identify goals and future team requirements
A key part of talent mapping is aligning business goals and future staffing objectives. By taking a look at overarching business goals and where you want the company to be in five, ten or twenty years, we’re able to shape what a successful team might look like for you. This can help to identify areas where the team may be lacking support.
- Competitor and market analysis
By researching direct competitors and your industry market, we’re able to identify the right structure and candidates for your business objectives. We can help shine a light on any job titles that may be currently missing within your team.
- Curating a talent pipeline
Once we’ve carried out extensive talent mapping, we’re able to move on to the acquisition stage by building a pipeline of high-quality candidates. This talent pipeline is curated based on your future business needs, meaning the candidates are ready to explore when you are.
What type of talent acquisition and mapping services do we offer?
At agp, we specialise in the following sectors:
Our range of talent acquisition and mapping services include:
- Talent mapping – understanding long-term business goals and the talent required to fulfil them.
- Talent pipelining – we curate a talent pipeline with high-quality candidates that fit your team culture whilst developing those long-term goals.
- Executive search – we work with our extensive network of candidates to find leaders that best suit your individual business needs.
- Talent acquisition – we find the right attitude and personality for your business needs that fulfil long-term plans.
Why choose agp for your talent acquisition needs?
At agp, our approach is professional without the additional formality. We are small enough to offer a bespoke service that’s tailored to your specific needs but experienced enough to have access to high-quality candidates across our extensive network.
Our attention to detail sets us apart from our competitors. With 30 years’ experience in executive search, our unrivalled obsession with quality and industry knowledge ensures your business works with only the best talent.
We pride ourselves on helping our clients achieve business success with the best team. In order to do this, we take the time to fully understand not only the long-term business goals but also the company culture. Building long-lasting working relationships is key to building a strong team.
In fact, our confidence in our services is so great that we offer a free replacement in the unlikely event a candidate leaves within 12 months.
Talent Acquisition and Mapping
Talent Acquisition enables you to look beyond an individual’s obvious credentials and see the possibilities for the future. Most people can be trained for a position, so finding a candidate with the right attitude and personality can make all the difference in your long-term success
Executive Search means that you’re looking to recruit someone to your team within (usually) a short time frame to fulfil a specific need or requirement, and in order to fill a vacancy.
Talent Acquisition, on the other hand, is the process of strategically looking for specialists, leaders, future executives, or other qualified professionals for a specific position you anticipate wishing to fill in the future, be it as part of your broader Succession Planning or to lead a specific project such as a new product launch.
The top two benefits are:
- Avoids unnecessary financial risk if search fees are paid only to find that the new hire does not fit into future resource strategies
- Keeps your talent pipeline continuously refreshed and running at optimal capacity
The pricing of our talent mapping and acquisition services varies largely depending on your long-term business goals. Please get in touch today to discuss pricing and how your business can benefit from this service.
Our clients trust us to find the right person at the first time of asking
Tony is my go to search consultant for executive leaders.
His deep knowledge and understanding of the retail market combined with his extensive network enables him to put forward exceptional candidates.
I also find that he listens and asks great questions to truly understand what is needed for each role and for the organisation.
I have recruited some of my very best leaders through him.
I have known Tony for some time both as a client and candidate and he never fails to impress. He quickly and efficiently understands the brief and then delivers strong candidates who have the necessary skills and expertise.
Tony invests time in both his clients and his candidates even when there is nothing specific to discuss. This is what makes him a great search specialist: he is approachable, engaging, warm and incredibly well-networked.
I’m a huge advocate of Tony and recommend him very strongly. Our relationship spans 10 years, which is testament to his personable way, his expansive network and his proactive approach to executive search.
Tony gives excellent advice, considers all angles and prepares candidates for success through precision planning. From my experience, Tony is the go-to expert in his field and is always my first point of contact!