Success is built on constant forward motion. Standing still to take in the view when you’ve submitted a personal mountain in the workplace is one thing, but at AGP we believe that there is always another peak to be climbed. It’s this drive to excel at every step that puts senior executives at major companies in their positions – and if you’ve got your eye on further professional and personal development, workplace executive coaching can take you there.
Workplace coaching is about more than motivation or mentorship. Uniquely designed to align with your objectives, the right workplace coaching programme can bring out leadership qualities that you didn’t know you had and unlock the potential to achieve extraordinary things. It’s all there already – workplace coaching simply unearths it.
What is workplace coaching?
Workplace coaching is a tailored one-to-one training programme that equips business executives with the knowledge and the tools to make the most of opportunities that come their way, develop themselves into more effective leaders and maximise their potential.
Rather than simply taking a mentor-mentee approach, workplace coaching is a partnership. It takes the unique goals of the individual as its foundation – identifying strengths, areas for growth and personal ambitions and building a bespoke programme around these, developing behaviours in you that can deliver tangible results for your career and your organisation.
The main features of workplace coaching are:
- It takes place within a working environment
- It is carried out between two people rather than in group format
- It provides insight and builds self-awareness, rather than taking a prescriptive approach or trying to teach you what to do (or not do)
- It is action-focused rather than advisory, making you multi-skilled, adaptable and focused under the pressures of an executive position
- It can be an effective method of improving performance in a wide range of areas
- It is based solely around you and your aims, starting with a blank slate rather than a set of pre-packaged objectives
- It is built on a completely honest and trusting working relationship
What are the main aims of workplace coaching?
There are three central tenets of workplace coaching – each of these is closely interlinked with the others. These are:
- Instilling a sense of self-belief
- Identifying and unlocking potential
- Striving for excellence in all areas
Self-belief comes from understanding that success is borne of your own efforts, and that other people believe in you to achieve that level of success. It is built and reinforced by recognising both success and failure and taking responsibility for both – understanding that there is always something to be learned. By helping to unlock your self-belief, coaching in turn equips you to use all aspects of your innate potential and considerable capability.
Workplace coaching ensures that you will habitually strive for excellence and constantly reset your goals, by using them as the basis for clear feedback and measurable analysis at every step. The very best workplace coaches can change your approach to your career – making ongoing progression second nature – and deliver exceptional results for your company.
What are the benefits of workplace coaching?
The rewards of a workplace coaching programme can be felt by the individual and the company at large. The main benefits include:
- Developing a leadership style that reflects your personality and unique talents
- Clearing pathways to personal development and growth via a range of practical techniques
- Learning in an environment which is both challenging and supportive at every step
- Gaining the confidence to succeed and to motivate others to do the same, and to make better business decisions
- Adaptability and resilience among you and your team
- High performance that reflects well on the business and attracts talent of a similar calibre
How long does workplace coaching take?
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to workplace coaching, but our executive coaching programme, delivered through our sister company ASG, is usually delivered in an initial run of four one-to-one sessions followed by a progress review to determine next steps.
The best approach will depend upon your exact goals and the challenges you are looking to overcome.
Speak to us today
At AGP we offer a huge range of bespoke solutions to drive excellence in business. Our expert team would be happy to discuss any questions you may have about a workplace coaching programme, so contact us today by calling Tony Gregg on 0207 316 3146.